Bar Surry Hills & Italian Kitchen

Nutella Pizza & Charcuterie Meats

Grill'd (Parramatta)

Delicious, Juicy and Healthy Burgers

Papi Chulo (Manly)

Sexy Sauces And Mouth Watering Meat!

Chat Thai (Sydney CBD)

Crab Omelette SO GOOD!

Mamak (Chatswood)

Very tasty Roti, spicy chicken and sweet coffee

Like Noodle (Hurstville)

Delicious Pork Belly and Dumplings

Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Osteria Balla

Restaurant: Osteria Balla
Location: Level G, Harbourside, The Star/80 Pyrmont St, Pyrmont
 
 
We have been lucky and have an uncle come help us at the restaurant and so mum has been able to sneak a few nights off again! In saying that, we were hoping to go and capture a few shots out in the CBD – however we found ourselves wandering in The Star for dinner as it was starting to sprinkle.
 
Chestnut's pappardalle with duck ragu' $26.00
We start with the pastas as our entrĂ©e; mum had the duck with traditional squares. It wasn’t something that tickled my fancy much, as I found the pasta a little harder than I usually like it.

Saffron potato gnocchi with spanner crab, chilli and garlic $29.00
I have been craving for gnocchi for as long as I remember, so seeing it on the menu was already settled. I’m not one that usually like to eat peas at all, at whatever cost I will push them to the side of the plate. But I found myself scraping down the plate; it was simply packed with flavour from start to finish.

Roast rosemary potatoes $10.00
Rocket and Parmesan salad $12.00
Not wanting to over order, we decided to settle for one main and two side dishes. The rosemary potatoes were so crunchy around the edges, the rosemary was subtle enough, a little overly salty for a few pieces here and there but that was not an issue! What can I say about the rocket and parmesan? Everything had the right amount to ensure it was nice and tasty!


Mum’s not much of a red meat eater, so we had the snapper baked in a bag! It’s my first time having fish cooked in a bag, and it was so awesome!! The fish was great; it simply melted in your mouth. I’m not a fan of olives, and the taste was fairly distinctive in this dish – but it was something I could bring myself to continue eating because everything else was just so delicious!

It was a great night, with attentive staff. You get a pretty good view of Pyrmont too, so that’s always a nice bonus.

Until next time,

- Cass x

Osteria Balla on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

  1. I've always wondered if Balla was any good. It looks like it lives up to expectations.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha hope I don't make you have too high expectations though ... I did walk in there without any ;)

      Delete
  2. ive been wanting to try this place for a while now next on my list @ the star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm~~ I look forward to hearing what you think of it ^^

      Delete
  3. haven't tried this place yet but the dishes look quite delicious. should try it out next time i'm at the star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a place to try, especially if the food court is a little too crowded :)

      Delete
  4. ur blog is boring as hell

    no slr camera no care

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...